I’ve been nominated for The Liebster Award by Darcia Helle.
Here are the rules:
1. The person receiving the award posts 11 random facts about him-/herself and answers the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated him/her. 2. Pass the award on to 11 other blogs (while making sure to notify the bloggers nominated!) 3. Write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees. 4. One is not allowed to nominate the blog that nominated one’s own blog! 5. Paste the award picture into your blog.
11 random facts about me.
1. I'm a computer programmer. Nothing "exciting," just processing text files and creating reports.
2. I own a 1963 Dodge Dart GT.
3. I share my bed with 200+ pounds of animals. (Two dogs and two cats.) My husband sleeps there too. And often the eldest human kid sneaks in and steals half the bed.
4. I have "adopted" siblings, mostly brothers. A couple in Minnesota, and a couple in Georgia. I miss them all and would give almost anything for a chance to hug them. Hey, J, M, E, & J, I love you.
5. My nickname as a kid was "Frog," given to me by my twin uncles. They are twins, not my twins.
6. I know how to ride a motorcycle. I miss my dirt bike.
7. I love snowmobiling.
8. I hated high school. And still hate 99.9% of the people who attended my high school.
9. I have an addiction to kayaking.
10. I want a first-generation Ford Bronco.
11. I'm drinking Moose Drool tonight to celebrate finishing another project. Or am I celebrating the beginning of another project?
1. When you’re angry, are you more likely to vent by yelling or quietly plot revenge? If I happen to be married to you, I'll scream my head off. If you're not fortunate enough to be my husband, I just suck it up and
vent bitch to other people about you.
2. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone? My husband. I told him our son was asleep and I refused to wake him up for Mexican food. Yes, I turned down a margarita for my son to sleep. I know, I'm shocked too.
3. Sit Coms or Crime Dramas? Sit coms. Although, I'm currently hooked on The Secret Life of an American Teenager.
4. Are you an introvert or extravert? Introvert. When I was in school, people would ask me "What do you want to be when you grow up?" My answer was, "A hermit that lives at the dead end of a dirt road." I'd still like that, as long as I can get decent internet access.
5. If money was of no concern, where would you live? Wallace, Idaho
6. You were just given $1,000 and an hour to spend it. Where do you go and what do you buy? Amazon.com, books, an ipad, and some stuff for the kids
7. What was your favorite toy as a child? Books and stuffed animals. Shocking, huh?
8. Do you play video games? No. They confuse me. I played Super Mario Brothers on the original Nintendo. Now, there's too many things to confuse me. I play Wii bowling when I get a chance to drink with friends.
9. Bell bottoms or straight-legs? Boot cut. You knew I wouldn't choose either option. I'm just not that agreeable.
10. What is your greatest strength? My superpower is sarcasm.
11. Have you ever stolen anything? Just your soul. ;-) Honestly, yes. I can't remember how many times I helped myself to a candy bar at the grocery store as a kid. Shame on me!
Now, for the rest of the requirements, I admit defeat. I don't know 11 people with blogs. :) But if anyone who reads this wants to answer the following questions, let me know. I'll post a link to your blog.
1. Where did you lose your mind? Hah! You thought I was going to say where did you lose your virginity!
2. Favorite drink?
3. Who do you miss the most?
4. What was your first pet's name?
5. Have you ever met a dogue de bordeaux?
6. Do you like sushi?
7 & 8. Who is your least favorite relative and why?
9. Do you think I'm crazy?
10. What kind of car do you drive?
11. What do you want me to know about you?